Thursday, October 2, 2008

What the world needs now...

I have felt that this week has had a lot of opportunities for me to ponder about the many different aspects of what we like to call life. I have learned that sometimes we are not given what we have been praying for, because the lord has a different direction for us to go. The most amazing part is that the lord is right, I can literally step back and see that I was blessed more by where the lord took me, then when I attempted things on my own.
I have also had time to look at my relationships with those that are around me. I defiantly need to work on making some stronger, but I can honestly say that I am surrounded by people that love me.

I can honestly say that I absolutely love my parents. (Crazy hair and all) Yeah, they have there crazy faults, but I couldn't imagine better parents then the ones I got. I sometimes wonder how I got so lucky in the parents lottery, because I defiantly won. Sure my mom is paranoid and intrudes into my life a little (lot) more than I like, but who would I be without this awesome example? Then there is my dad. This hilariously awesome guy who likes to tell you the same joke over and over again, and who gives one to many guilt trips, but he will love you know matter how stupid you act, or how mad you get at the guy. He is always showing his love in small ways. I remember thinking when I was little that I never heard dad say "I Love You," but I quickly found that his actions speak louder than his words.
So for those of you who read this, sorry for all the lovey dovey, churchy things, but I am feeling very sentimental. Just know that I love all of you that read my blog, and I can't imagine my life with out your influence and example. I am a better person because of who you are. LOVE YA'LL

4 comments:

Kar said...

I love your parents too. I'm also greatful for mine. I've been thinking about all our parents lately, you know why, and although I'm sure Heavenly Father knows what he's doing, the situation still sucks for us. Let's just pray for comfort I guess.

mary.katherine said...

LOVE YOUR PARENTS!! ALWAYS!!!! And tell them you love them everyday.

Tiffany and Mike said...

I love you too! Oh, and isn't it wierd how your parents transition from your worst enemies to your best friends as you get older? I love it!

Practice Areas said...

Hey sis I love you long time!!! Hey so when are you going to come out to Omaha and visit us? We miss hanging out with you.